New Scientist article New Mexico, Mexico — Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto on Tuesday said the US should “get out of” NAFTA.
“They’re the only ones that will say, ‘You can’t do that,’ ” Peña said during a visit to the US state of California, where he was meeting with a group of business leaders.
Peña, who is in Mexico for a regional summit, also called on the US to impose tariffs on Mexican imports.
The Mexican president’s comments came after the Trump administration said it would seek to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, a trade pact between the United States, Canada, Mexico, the European Union and Britain.
The White House said Wednesday it was exploring the possibility of allowing more US companies to move production to Mexico.
Trump has also threatened to slap a 35% tariff on goods from Mexico that US firms manufacture in the US.
“I am not for any trade war,” Peña told a news conference in San Diego.
“We will fight for the future of our country.”
Peña has called for a “very, very big trade war” with the US, while saying the country would never be in “a position of being able to compete economically with the United Kingdom or Canada.”
Mexico’s foreign ministry said in a statement that Peña’s comments were “insulting to the Mexican people and insulting to the entire world.”
Mexico is a major US producer, with over $3.7 trillion in annual trade.
The US is the second-largest supplier of Mexican goods after Canada.
The Trump administration has threatened to impose hefty tariffs on Mexico’s products, saying that it would hurt US manufacturers.
The move comes after Peña promised to raise taxes on the rich, who have been suffering under high unemployment and a sharp drop in the value of the peso against the US dollar.
The government says it will raise taxes in March to $200 billion, though some analysts say it could go as high as $400 billion.
Trump’s administration has also called for Mexico to pay for a border wall that it says is needed to stop drug cartels and crime.
Mexico’s top business lobby group, the National Council of Industry, said Wednesday that Peina’s comments could “send a message that the United.
States is not serious about our trade relationship.”
The White Trump administration and Peña are set to meet Wednesday to discuss ways to deepen economic ties between the two countries, the Mexican government said.
MALTA, Sweden—A Swedish woman’s recent pap smear is a cause for concern.
A patient’s health has been compromised by a faulty drug test administered by a doctor at a Malmö hospital.
The patient had been told the test was the safest way to detect HIV in the blood.
The doctor used a fake blood test to falsify results, and it was discovered on the patient’s hospital bed.
The patient is in hospital and is in serious condition, according to Malmoe hospital spokeswoman.
She was admitted to the hospital last week.
Malmö Hospital said on Tuesday that the doctor responsible for administering the test and the hospital will be held responsible.
The hospital is also asking the patient for a public apology.
“This is a tragic case,” Malmoes chief doctor, Anders Nilsson, told The Local on Wednesday.
“We want to make sure that this doesn’t happen again.”
Nilsson said the doctor involved is now working on a second fake test that is safe and that the patient is likely to get better soon.
“The patient has been in stable condition and is now back in the operating room.
She is in a stable condition with no serious consequences.
We hope that this is the end of this,” he said.
Doctors at the hospital are also urging patients to always keep their blood tests and test kits in their own homes.
They say they will use the fake tests for as long as needed to protect patients and their privacy.
“People are entitled to trust their own medical judgement and I’m not aware of any other situation where a person is being held responsible for using a fake test,” Nilsson said.
The woman whose body was discovered inside a Ford Fusion last summer in the Dallas suburb of Austin was not a homicide victim, and the driver of the car didn’t think her death was a homicide until the man found her body and contacted police, according to the Dallas County medical examiner’s office.
The body was recovered by the car’s driver after the driver’s father called police and told them he had seen the car parked in the driveway of his home on July 4, the medical examiner said in a news release.
The medical examiner did not identify the woman or release her name, saying she was not considered a person of interest in the investigation.
The Austin Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday.
The Austin American-Statesman reported that police were searching for the driver, identified as 31-year-old James Brown, of Austin.
Police did not say how Brown got the vehicle or if he knew anyone who had a valid driver’s license.
A few days later, Brown’s girlfriend, 22-yearold Tracey Hinton, reported that Brown had left her home and she was “unaware” of where he had gone, according the Austin American Statesman.
Police later found Hinton’s car on a busy street in Austin, about a mile from where the woman was found.
She was not injured.
Brown, who has been charged with murder, was arrested and charged with kidnapping, aggravated sexual battery and aggravated battery, according a news report.
Hinton told police that Brown tried to grab her cellphone when he saw her, the AP reported.
She said Brown “came toward her” and she tried to turn away.
Hentons sister told ABC News that Brown told her he was going to “kill me,” according to a news story.
The news release from the medical examiners office did not give details about the circumstances of the woman’s death, citing the ongoing investigation.
Austin police told the Associated Press on Monday that they had identified the woman and that they were searching her car.
Macy’s is getting ready to offer its stores free internet access, the company announced Wednesday.
The new service, called “Macy’s Free Internet,” will be offered starting Friday at about 1:30 p.m. local time.
Macy’s said it will offer free access to its online store, Macy’s.com, and its online app for a period of one year, beginning Friday at 6 a.m., and for six months thereafter.
The service is free to customers who sign up for a Macy’s account, but is only available in select stores and on select devices.
It is not available for free in stores that are not Macy’s retail locations.
Macy and other retailers have been grappling with online piracy.
A year ago, the online retailer was forced to cut off online sales for its entire online store after hackers stole the password and credit card information of more than 40 million customers.
The company has since begun offering customers who download its apps free access.
The program also includes free access for Macy’s online store.
“The Internet has changed the way we do business and the way consumers interact with us,” said Marc Miller, vice president of digital strategy at Macy’s, in a statement.
“Mary’s Free is a way to give our customers a new way to interact with Macy’s.”
Macy’s first offered its customers free access in 2014, but the company said in May that it was dropping the plan after an internal investigation revealed the hacker group responsible for stealing credit card and bank information had obtained credit card data from at least 40 million users.
Macy said that it is working with the FBI to track down the hacker responsible for the hack.
Macy says the hacker who took credit card details for at least 39 million customers was only able to access accounts for those who purchased items on its website through the company’s online app.
Macy plans to test the new service with select stores starting Friday.
The Internet is the most important technology for consumers, and the world is in the midst of a digital revolution, Miller said.
“We will continue to work with law enforcement and other partners to combat online piracy and the online crime that is plaguing our economy,” he said.
Macy announced the new plan in a blog post on Wednesday.
“As we begin testing this new service to our customers, we will share more details about what is included in the free internet offer and how it will work,” the company wrote.
“It is important to note that Macy’s Free internet service will only be available in selected Macy’s stores and online app, and will only work with Macy and select brands.
It will be limited to one year.”
Macy said it plans to share more information about the program at a later date.
In addition to offering free access, Macy said the service will allow customers to shop online at Macy.com or by visiting Macy’s locations and online at www.macy.com.
It also said that the service is “not intended to be used to commit or facilitate any crime.”
Miller said the new online service is not a replacement for the company the current Macy’s free internet program.
Macy has been testing the program with select Macy’s and online customers since April, Miller told reporters at a news conference Wednesday.
Macy is now working with law and local police agencies to help identify and stop criminals who steal data from its accounts.
Miller said there were about 30,000 online criminal investigations targeting criminals and stolen credit card numbers in the U.S. in 2015, a number that is expected to double by 2021.
- Mexico says US should get out of NAFTA, Mexico says no
- An earthquake in the Dallas area causes at least four deaths
- How to use CDC’s new 3D Maps for NASA’s Mars 2020 rover
- How to watch the first NBA Draft in Los Angeles: Live updates
- How to get the best out of your mobile phone with the right phone charger